viernes, 27 de septiembre de 2013

"Yesterday", Poem Analysis

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly

Why she had to go
I don't know, she wouldn't say
I said something wrong
Now I long for yesterday

Yesterday love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday


In the song yesterday written by Paul McCartney and realeased by The Beatles we can see the following elements:

        The rhyme in the first, third and fourth stanza is marked in the last word of each verse, in the syllable "ay". In the second stanza the rhyme is in the last syllable and has the sound "e". The first, second and fourth stanza have a sequence of twelve, nine, and eight at the number of syllables in each verse.
        In the third stanza, that is the chorus, the first and the third verse have five syllables each, while the second and the fourth have seven. There's rhyme only in the second and the fourth verse.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario